DFI Retail Group (“Group”) is a leading pan-Asian retailer. At 30th June 2021, the Group and its associates and joint ventures operated over 10,000 outlets and employed some 230,000 team members. The Group had total annual sales in 2020 exceeding US$28 billion.
The Group provides quality and value to Asian consumers by offering leading brands, a compelling retail experience and great service; all delivered through a strong store network supported by efficient supply chains.
The Group (including associates and joint ventures) operates under a number of well-known brands across food, health and beauty, home furnishings, restaurants and other retailing.
The Group’s parent company, Dairy Farm International Holdings Limited, is incorporated in Bermuda and has a standard listing on the London Stock Exchange, with secondary listings in Bermuda and Singapore. The Group's businesses are managed from Hong Kong by Dairy Farm Management Services Limited through its regional offices.
DFI Retail Group is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group.
Technical Manager, Fresh & RTE
- To develop and implement the appropriate technical standards in innovation and reformulation of products and processes in portfolio as driven by business needs
- To ensure the foods procured meet all local market government requirements and internal standards from concept to launch
- Provide technical, regulatory, process, ingredient and packaging expertise in the development of concepts and products to market
- Support the function’s head and team members in establishing and implementing any Fresh & RTE Product Technology initiatives related to own brand product integrity and related Group and local business needs
- Support all aspects of Fresh & RTE Product Technology strategic planning, both short term and long term
- Provide input to the selection of appropriate and competent Suppliers, 3rd party service providers to support of the implementation of Fresh 3 Steps to Quality Program
- Coach and support BU and Banner team members to ensure that there is a consistent understanding of Group Technical policies, SOP and Guidelines
- Participate in and facilitate internal training/briefing sessions in order to enhance knowledge.
- Ensure that 3rd party suppliers sites meet company’s expectations and standards in accordance with strategic direction.
- Support Group and local Procurement and Brand Teams through product development and product improvement without compromising on quality
- Ensure that all products meet all legal requirements, product quality and safety standards
- Analyse, recommend and communicate quality performance to related parties effectively
- Improve product quality against industry or international standards to help build company’s Supplier, Product and Surveillance monitoring programs
- Support the function’s head to participate in technical network, connections with the government or non-government agencies; specialist/experts, internal stakeholders (e.g. Legal, BU and Banner team members) and outsourced international organizations, certification bodies, suppliers, technical or commercial associations, institutes, governmental bodies to proactively review and plan in advance of any new regulatory requirements and industry QA trends. Update the organization with the most prevalent, high risk Quality, Safety or Legality challenges in retail, suggest solutions and build procedures in order to mitigate risk/impact to businesses
- Be involved or stand-by for Group Technical Crisis Management. Ensure that the process, communication and management of the issue is documented, and that full due diligence is executed to support the business
- University Degree in a Bio-Science – preferably in Food Science and Technology
- Minimum 5-8 years working experience in related field; food service, catering or retail business
- Experience working in manufacturing, laboratory and product development
- Experience across multiple Fresh Product Categories - Produce, Seafood, Meat, Deli, Dairy, Sushi, Bakery, Hot Deli
- Familiar with local product standards, regulatory requirements and registration of Asian markets
- Strong knowledge in EU regulations
- Strong knowledge in manufacturing processes and retailer Technical practices
- Experience implementing and certification of Halal systems
- Familiar with the sampling techniques
- Experience developing, implementing and certification of GMP, HACCP, GFSI’s Food Safety Management Systems
- Management of customer complaints investigation and troubleshooting
- Good command of both written & spoken English (ideally some applicable local language capability e.g. Bahasa, Chinese, Malay, Khmer)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High energy, positive attitude, proactive, adaptable
- Independent, hardworking and self-motivated. Able to work under pressure, and prioritize tasks effectively to meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
DFI Retail Group is responsible for ensuring that all personal information collected from each Candidate presented to DFI Retail Group is used for recruitment purposes only and the data collection process is in accordance with all applicable laws and compliant with the Code of Practice on Human Resource Management.
To find out more about Our Businesses and Our People, please visit our website: www.DFIretailgroup.com
Issued by The Dairy Farm Company, Limited
Apply now Refer to a friend Back to search results